Emergency: All St. Louis County offices are now open to the public.
What to know when visiting a county building
Information on COVID-19, vaccines and testing

Military Discharge Papers


A Veteran may obtain a copy of their Military Discharge Certificate (DD214) through the Veterans office or at the Duluth Courthouse if it was filed with this office.  The copies are free of charge with a valid picture ID.  In order to protect the Veteran’s privacy, the discharge certificate is recorded and maintained in a separate database that is not available to the public. Visit the St. Louis County Recorder's office at 100 N 5th Ave W., #101, Duluth, MN  55802 to obtain a copy.