Free Checkups—At the Doctor, Dentist, or Eye Doctor
Regular C&TC health exams help infants, children, and adolescents be the healthiest they can be. Your health care provider can help you understand and address physical, mental, or emotional health issues before they become serious.
FREE medical, dental, and vision checkups to St. Louis County residents who are age 20 or younger and have Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare insurance.
Other Videos from Child and Teen Checkup series
Act Now - https://youtu.be/_Pww1GrG3rs
Back to School - https://youtu.be/P4GumMjfKb8
Dental Care - https://youtu.be/eWcTGKXVszg
Mental Health - https://youtu.be/RtFLZlfGxAY
What’s included in a free Child and Teen Checkups visit?
Checks on growth and development
- Complete head-to-toe physicals
- Hearing and vision checks
- Age-appropriate lab tests (such as screenings for lead or hemoglobin)
- Oral check and referral to the dentist (fluoride varnishing)
- High-risk behavior assessment
- Information about good physical and mental health
- Time to ask questions and get answers about your child’s health, behavior, and development.
How often should children get Child and Teen Checkups?
- Between birth and one month
- At the months of 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24 and 30
- Each year between the ages of 3 and up to the age of 21
- More often if needed
St. Louis County Public Health professionals assist with finding medical and dental providers, transportation, and language interpretation. We provide participants with information about available programs, services, and rewards for compliance with health and dental C&TC visits.
Contact any participating St. Louis County provider and ask to set up a Child and Teen Checkup today!
Medical Providers (PDFs):
Dental Providers (PDFs):
Transportation Resources (PDF):
Medical Assistance Rewards (Links):
Department of Human Services Resources (Link):